Change To Gala Entry Procedure!
Gala Entry Procedure
- Forthcoming galas will be announced via the club noticeboard and website only-no club emails will be sent
- Entries processed only if received in the club box by 5pm on deadline day
- Entries without payment will not be accepted
- Entries without a Swim Ireland number will not be accepted
- No email or text entries accepted as these are without payment
- Entries sent directly to the hosting club will not be processed by Kilkenny Swimming Club
Swimming Galas Explained
- Club Gala (Kilkenny or other). See www.kilkennyswimmingclub.ie
- Suitable for (A), B, C, competent D squad members.
- Can enter with no previous time for a distance/stroke.
- Regional (Leinster Gala). See www.swimleinster.com
- Graded or Distance Galas with electronic timing.
- Short Course (25m pool) (Sep-Dec) or Long Course (50m pool) (Jan-July)
- Suitable for A, B, advanced C squad members.
- Qualifying times generally required.
- Age grouped (Leinster Division 1 or 2), or
- Open entry (awards not divided into age categories)
- National (Swim Ireland). See www.swimireland.ie
- Elite swimmers with qualification times.
- SC (Sep-Dec), LC (Jan-July)
- Age grouped (Irish Age Groups Division 1 or 2), or
- Open entry (Dave McCullogh, Irish Open Championships)