Pool Duty Requirements
When on pool duty you should:-
- Identify yourself to the Coach conducting the training sessions as the person who will be performing Pool Duty
- Stay on the pool side for the full duration of the session and remain until all swimmers have left the poolside.
- The only people allowed on the poolside are the coaches and person on pool duty. Please ensure that all other parents/guardians remain in the gallery area unless requested by the coach or the parent on pool duty to go to the poolside
- Attend to a child’s needs if the child feels ill or has difficulty with goggles etc.
- Distribute notes/Gala entry forms as requested by the coach.
- Assist the coach whenever requested by the coach.
- Do not interfere with the coach’s programme and do not discipline swimmers.
- Report any incidents of concern to a committee member after the session
- Child Welfare guidelines are available from Swim Ireland website and can be accessed and/or downloaded by swimmers, leaders and parents by clicking on the download link below
- Sanctions will be imposed on swimmers whose parents have failed to be present for organised session of pool duty. More details can be found on the download link below